Advice / Instruction to tourists:
1. While driving follow traffic rules. Carry on your person legal documents like license and passport. Traffic circulation is on the left. Do not use air-horns or multi-toned horns.
2. Exchange your money only through Banks / Authorized money changers/hotels and insist on a receipt.
3. In case you want to extend your visa, contact the Foreigners Regional Registration Office located in the Police Headquarters at Panaji.
4. Shop at Government emporia/handicraft centers for quality products at reasonable prices.
5. Check power voltage before using electrical appliances for safety purpose (voltage in Goa is 220-240 volts, A.C. 50 cycles).
6. Keep your valuables in hotel lockers/ bank’s safe deposit vaults.
7. Contact Govt. approved Travel agents/Tour operators for local sightseeing and excursion tours.
8. In case you need a Guide hire one approved by Government. For verification you may ask for identity card.
9. Tourists carrying cameras/video cameras should check whether photography/video filming is permitted at the tourist spots.
10. Contact nearest Govt. of India/State Govt. Tourist Office/Counter/Tourist Police/Tourist Assistance Booth for any tourist information/assistance.
11. In case of loss of any documents, contact nearest Police Station.
12. While visiting religious places, please have respect for local tradition/customs.